Scoopologist - Hiring staff available now through fall
We are seeking scoopolgists who are playful, creative, friendly and enjoy working in a busy, customer-focused environment. Scoopologists are willing to perform any necessary task, have superior knowledge of Blank Slate Creamery products and create delicious, eye-popping treats. If you enjoy meeting new people, being part of a team committed to doing their best work while having fun, then Blank Slate Creamery is the place for you!
Benefits of working at Blank Slate:
Staff eat free ice cream while working and a get 50% discount on personal purchases when not working
Flexible scheduling 5- 40 hours per week
Generous tips from satisfied customers
100% hourly wage during training
All applicants must be able to work evenings and at least one weekend shift.
Submit an application online
Ice Cream Production/Prep Cook/Shift Manager
A year-round, full-time position to perform a wide variety of tasks from back of the store ice cream production to managing the front of the store. We structure our positions for both because we feel being involved in production makes a great manager and because even when ice cream production slows down, we are able to continue to provide the hours necessary.
Produce ice cream during assigned shift
Direct the work of 5-8 part-time staff during assigned shift while also serving customers, making cones and working as cashier.
Ice Cream Production Responsibilities:
· Work with a team producing various ice cream flavors
· Assembling ice cream mix ingredients for pasteurization
· Preparation of all ice cream inclusions like caramel, fudge, brownies, cookies, basil, mint, etc.
· Freezing of ice cream batches
· Mastery of equipment including the pasteurizer, batch freezer, steam kettle, mixer, etc.
· Cleaning and sterilization of all equipment
· Other duties as assigned
Shift Manager Responsibilities:
· Make cones while working the cash register
· Ensure best possible customer experience and creatively solve problems
· Ensure proper food handling
· Make cone mix
· Stock ice cream cabinets
· Scoop ice cream
· Delegate responsibilities as necessary
Cleaning dipping cabinets
Trash pick up
Restocking paper products
Restocking ice cream
Making whipped cream
· Open the shop as scheduled
Ensure all opening tasks are complete
Count cash drawer
· Close the shop as scheduled
Balance the cash drawer
Ensure closing procedures are completed
LOCK ALL DOORS
Ability to follow a recipe
Familiarity with kitchen equipment
Familiarity with safe food handling procedures
Previous food preparation experience desired
Must be18 years or older
Must be available nights and weekends
Must be able to be on your feet ~8 hrs/day
Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs.
Up to 3% match on retirement contributions
Bonus eligibility for high performance
Annual reviews and pay increases for high performance
Eligible for tips when working the front of the house
Submit an application online